Photo: Dog walker in Wintry Wood
Here are the most recent blogs about Epping weather.
We aim to publish a blog monthly, summarising the weather of the preceding month. There's always something unusual about the weather to discuss!
Want to receive a notification when there's a new blog? Sign me up!
There's no doubt the main weather event nationally for October was the passage of Storm Babet. How did that impact our weather stats here in Epping?More…
An astonishingly warm period for September, combined with heavy rain and thunderstorms, broke several September records - read on to find out which!More…
August was mostly a very average month, although one record was broken. Was it the impact of storms Antoni and Betty?More…
June was warm and dry. Last year, July was the warmest and driest on record. So naturally this July turned out to be cool and damp! But how cool exactly?More…
The warm dry weather of May extended into June, as local gardeners will know! Relief came with showers towards the end of the month, but which records were broken?More…
We would love to hear from schools, clubs, youth groups or individuals who would like to write a monthly weather summary for us. We can provide the relevant data, you need to provide the content - text plus one or more accompanying photos. All due accreditation will be given! For more information contact us here.
- Storm Babet lets us off lightly – a review of the weather of October 2023
- Records tumble in sultry September – a review of the weather of September 2023
- A thoroughly average August – a review of the weather of August 2023
- Wet and cool – or was it? A review of the weather of July 2023
- Flaming June – more records go – a review of the weather of June 2023
- Plenty of settled weather – a review of May 2023
- An unremarkable month – a review of the weather of April 2023
- Squelching into Spring – a review of the weather in March 2023
- Dry February – a review of the weather of February 2023
- A month of split personality – a review of the weather of January 2023
- Another record-breaking year – a review of the weather of 2022
- Three seasons in a month – a review of the weather of December 2022
- Snow report
- Wet and mild – a review of November 2022
- At last we’re back!
- Back to (almost) normal – a review of the weather of September 2022
- More crazy record-breaking weather!
- Records tumble as desert like conditions prevail – a review of July 2022
- Heatwave newsflash – new record temperature for Epping
- The warm and dry theme continues – a review of June 2022
- The dry spell continues – a review of May 2022
- April Showers dry up again – a review of April 2022
- More like a lamb than a lion – a review of March 2022
- A notably stormy month – a review of February 2022
- A year of calm – a review of the weather of 2021
- The New Year slips quietly in – a review of January 2022
- Fifty shades of grey – a review of December 2021
- Autumn quietly peters out – a review of November 2021
- Still warm and wet as the evenings draw in
- An afterglow of Summer
- Autumn comes early
- And another wet month!
- June 2021 was a month of two halves
- Our weather is still lurching between extremes!
- April Showers dry up
- Some Mad March Days but also record temperatures
- Winter and Spring in a couple of weeks
- The north wind doth blow, and we shall have snow
- A review of the weather in Epping in 2020
- Wet and gloomy sums it up
- A mild but otherwise average November
- Wet wet wet – weather review of October 2020
- Another heat record broken in September
- August had some of everything except snow
- A traditional English summer
- Not much Blazing in changeable June
- Wall to wall sunshine for lockdown May
- It’s April, so where are the showers?
- March comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb
- February Fill-dyke
- The warmest January in Epping records!