Photo: Dog walker in Wintry Wood
Here are the most recent blogs about Epping weather.
We aim to publish a blog monthly, summarising the weather of the preceding month. There's always something unusual about the weather to discuss!
Want to receive a notification when there's a new blog? Sign me up!
April started off cold, then became wet and windy, and settled down to dry and often sunny weather. But which weather record was broken?More…
March certainly didn't provide the storms that February delivered, but there were a couple of Epping weather records broken. Find out which ones here!More…
February was a succession of depressions culminating in a week of three named storms. How did that stack up against our records?More…
Epping's weather in 2021 was without any dramatic conditions - great deluges, prolonged heat or cold - yet we still racked up some new records. We now have 36 previous years of weather records for Epping, so how did 2021 stack up against these?More…
January was a settled month on the whole. There was plenty of clear weather and some pleasant January sunshine. But what weather record was broken this month?More…
We would love to hear from schools, clubs, youth groups or individuals who would like to write a monthly weather summary for us. We can provide the relevant data, you need to provide the content - text plus one or more accompanying photos. All due accreditation will be given! For more information contact us here.
- April Showers dry up again – a review of April 2022
- More like a lamb than a lion – a review of March 2022
- A notably stormy month – a review of February 2022
- A year of calm – a review of the weather of 2021
- The New Year slips quietly in – a review of January 2022
- Fifty shades of grey – a review of December 2021
- Autumn quietly peters out – a review of November 2021
- Still warm and wet as the evenings draw in
- An afterglow of Summer
- Autumn comes early
- And another wet month!
- June 2021 was a month of two halves
- Our weather is still lurching between extremes!
- April Showers dry up
- Some Mad March Days but also record temperatures
- Winter and Spring in a couple of weeks
- The north wind doth blow, and we shall have snow
- A review of the weather in Epping in 2020
- Wet and gloomy sums it up
- A mild but otherwise average November
- Wet wet wet – weather review of October 2020
- Another heat record broken in September
- August had some of everything except snow
- A traditional English summer
- Not much Blazing in changeable June
- Wall to wall sunshine for lockdown May
- It’s April, so where are the showers?
- March comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb
- February Fill-dyke
- The warmest January in Epping records!