Photo: Dog walker in Wintry Wood
Here are the most recent blogs about Epping weather.
We aim to publish a blog monthly, summarising the weather of the preceding month. There's always something unusual about the weather to discuss!
Want to receive a notification when there's a new blog? Sign me up!
No less than six new weather records for Epping were set during July for heat and drought, and there's still no rain in the long range forecast for August.More…
Two new temperature records have been set for Epping as the heatwave continues - hottest ever day and hottest ever night!More…
June was the fourth month in a row of well below average rainfall, and was also a warm month. Another record was broken... which one was it?More…
Despite plenty of showers, May was still much drier than average, and with no real heatwaves or cold spells, seemed an unexceptional month. Yet two weather records were broken! Read on to find out...More…
April started off cold, then became wet and windy, and settled down to dry and often sunny weather. But which weather record was broken?More…
We would love to hear from schools, clubs, youth groups or individuals who would like to write a monthly weather summary for us. We can provide the relevant data, you need to provide the content - text plus one or more accompanying photos. All due accreditation will be given! For more information contact us here.
- Records tumble as desert like conditions prevail – a review of July 2022
- Heatwave newsflash – new record temperature for Epping
- The warm and dry theme continues – a review of June 2022
- The dry spell continues – a review of May 2022
- April Showers dry up again – a review of April 2022
- More like a lamb than a lion – a review of March 2022
- A notably stormy month – a review of February 2022
- A year of calm – a review of the weather of 2021
- The New Year slips quietly in – a review of January 2022
- Fifty shades of grey – a review of December 2021
- Autumn quietly peters out – a review of November 2021
- Still warm and wet as the evenings draw in
- An afterglow of Summer
- Autumn comes early
- And another wet month!
- June 2021 was a month of two halves
- Our weather is still lurching between extremes!
- April Showers dry up
- Some Mad March Days but also record temperatures
- Winter and Spring in a couple of weeks
- The north wind doth blow, and we shall have snow
- A review of the weather in Epping in 2020
- Wet and gloomy sums it up
- A mild but otherwise average November
- Wet wet wet – weather review of October 2020
- Another heat record broken in September
- August had some of everything except snow
- A traditional English summer
- Not much Blazing in changeable June
- Wall to wall sunshine for lockdown May
- It’s April, so where are the showers?
- March comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb
- February Fill-dyke
- The warmest January in Epping records!